BMW X6 parts, merchandise & accessories
- The BMW X6 is a mid-size luxury crossover by German automaker BMW.The X6 was marketed as a Sports Activity Coupé (SAC) by BMW. It combines the attributes of an SUV (high ground clearance, all-wheel drive and all-weather ability, large wheels and tires) with the stance of a coupé (styling featuring a sloping roof).
- The base model is the X6 xDrive35i which is powered by the 225 kW version of the N54 3.0-litre twin-turbocharged inline-six gasoline engine. The top-of-the-line model is the xDrive50i which uses the N63 V8 engine, producing 300 kW.
- At launch, the X6 was available in many markets with two diesel variants: the xDrive30d and xDrive35d, respectively. They are powered by BMW's 3.0-litre turbodiesel engine (in its sequential twin-turbocharged variant for the xDrive35d), and produces 235 PS (173 kW) in the xDrive30d and 286 PS (210 kW) in the xDrive35d version. The second of these power units formed the basis of BMW's diesel launch in all 50 states in late 2008.
- The second generation X6 features a new eight-speed automatic transmission and a slightly larger luggage bay.
- Like the other models in the BMW range powered by the twin-turbo 4.4-litre V-8, the xDrive50i benefits from increased the power of a newer engine, which is 50 hp and 30 lb-ft more than its predecessor rising to 450 hp and 480 lb-ft of torque.
- The X6 M (F86) BMW M performance model is one of the quickest vehicles of its type.