- The Nissan X-Trail is a compact crossover produced since 2000. Due to its length gain in its third generation, it is now considered a mid size crossover. It was one of Nissan's first crossovers.The X-Trail's All-Mode 4x4 transmission transfer case enables the driver to select between 2WD, 4WD or 4WD Lock through an electronic switch on the dashboard. The company currently offers a hydrogen fuel cell model named the X-Trail FCV on lease to businesses.
- Currently the vehicle is available in 6-speed manual, 6-speed automatic or CVT in the below engine variants:
- 1.6L MR16DDT 163 hp (120 kW) I4 (Europe only)
- 2.0L MR20DD 143 hp (106 kW) I4 (144 hp for X-Trail Hybrid)
- 2.5L QR25DE 170 hp (126 kW) I4
- 2.0L 177 bhp (130kW)
- 1.6L Y9M 130 bhp (96 kW) I4