- The Suzuki Jimny is a front-engine, 2-door, four-wheel drive SUV, first launched in 1970.
- The first generation model (1970-1981) was originally designated the LJ10, LJ20, SJ10 and SJ20. The second generation (1981-1998) included the SJ410 and SJ413. The SJ413 was known as the Samurai in the US. From the third generation, 1998 onwards, all models have been known as the Jimny.
- It was built in 5-speed manual or 4-speed automatic variants.
- European models were manufactured in both hard-top and canvas-top versions, in both JL and JLX trims (the JLX includes power steering, electric windows and electric adjustable wing mirrors, roof rails, and several interior comfort improvements).
- The engine came in four variants: 658 cc K6A I3 (JB23), 1298 cc G13BB I4 (JB33), 1328 cc M13A I4 (JB43), and the 1461 cc K9K TD I4 (JB53)